Thursday 2 August 2012

Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Fresh Mango Salsa



I've never been much of a seafood fan. But I'm trying to change that. It has tremendous health benefits and it adds another dimension of variety to my diet, which I'm always searching for.

I tried Mahi-Mahi at a restaurant a couple weeks ago and was quite impressed. It is a white fish with a mild taste (something I find absolutely necessary in fish). I decided I wanted to try grilling it myself.

I found this halibut recipe on Robyn's blog, Simply Fresh Dinners, a while back and was intrigued by the mango salsa. I figured it would be tasty with Mahi-Mahi. I was right. This is a quick, easy, light, healthy meal. Can't go wrong. Plus, Mahi-Mahi is much more reasonably priced than halibut. I suggest giving it a shot.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • 1 1/2 cups diced mango
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 tbsps fresh lime juice
  • 1 tbsp cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt, divided
  • 1 tsp black pepper, divided
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 (6 ounce) Mahi-Mahi filets
  • 1 tbsp olive oil

Directions
  1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat
  2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Stir in 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and garlic.
  3. Rub fish with oil. Season with remaining salt and pepper. 
  4. Grill three minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. 
  5. Serve with mango salsa.

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You did such a great job on that dish, John. It looks fabulous. Aren't you glad you made the salss yourself? lol. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Robyn...you were right. Again! lol

    ReplyDelete