Thursday 21 June 2012

Chipotle Rubbed Pork Chops

My unofficial nutritionist isn't going to like seeing this post. She's been trying to get me to ditch pork from my diet. And truth be told, I've substantially reduced my pork intake. But this recipe from Grillgrrrl.com was too good to pass up.

I invited my friend Dan over for dinner. Dan was quite intrigued by the reverse sear technique I posted about earlier this week, so I thought I'd have him over to try this—along with the Grilled Romaine Salad below. He was blown away, calling it "restaurant quality" and "the best pork I've ever eaten." He raved about the salad, too. I agree with him. It's quickly become one of my favorite recipes. Let me know what you think.

Reverse Seared Chipotle Rubbed Pork Chops (from GrillGrrrl.com)

Ingredients
  • 4 bone-in pork chops
  • Tbsp olive oil
Rub recipe
  • Tbsp chipotle or chili powder
  • Tbsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tbsp sugar
  • Tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
Directions

1) Combine all ingredients to make the rub

2) Coat pork chops with olive oil, then cover with rub on all sides

3) Preheat your grill for 10 minutes.

4) Turn off half of your burners and place your meat on this half of the grill (indirect heat). Close the lid and cook for approximately six minutes, turning once.

5) Slide the meat over to the direct heat half of the grill and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 140-145 degrees.

6) Tent under foil for 10 minutes to allow the meat's juices to properly redistribute.




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment