Friday 17 August 2012

Grilled Spicy-Citrus Chicken with Corn


Yes, more chicken. I've really cut down on my red meat. And I've been told I shouldn't eat much pork. So chicken has been my go-to meat on the grill. But what I've learned is that it's difficult to get tired of it if you keep finding new ways to make it. This meal was outstanding.

The chicken had a great flavor. Personally, I'd prefer a little more heat. Next time, I'll be cranking up the amount of hot pepper sauce and crushed red pepper in the marinade—perhaps by up to one-third. What really attracted me to this recipe (found on www.epicurious.com), however, was the notion of marinating corn. I had never heard of it before, so figured I'd give it a shot. The result was the tastiest corn I've ever had. At a friend's suggestion, I added some red pepper sauce (Frank's Red Hot) just before eating. Outstanding.

Let me know what you think.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup fresh lime juice
  • 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 2 tsp hot pepper sauce
  • 2 tsp crushed red pepper
  • 8 chicken breasts
  • 8 ears of corn, husked

Directions
  1. Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Season marinade with salt and pepper.
  2. Place chicken in large, resealable plastic bag. Place corn in a second large, resealable plastic bag. Divide marinade equally between two bags. Seal bags, turning to coat. Chill for four hours, turning periodically. 
  3. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
  4. Grill chicken until internal temperature hits 155 degrees. Tent under a folded piece of aluminum foil for five minutes.
  5. Grill corn until char marks form on all sides, approximately 13 minutes.  

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks fantastic, John! It makes me want to cook chicken tonight. I've never heard of marinating corn before either. What a great idea. Your blog is looking super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give it a shot, Robyn. You'll be glad you did. When I get some time I may try to find more corn marinades. Might be worth a future post. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete